Sustainable print for your marketing needs
Author: Jacqui Vear
24th September 2019
Sustainable print survey
- Data reinforced that consumers worry about the environment, but 60% don’t know that European forests are growing, and only a fifth of respondents give the industry credit for its high recycling rates, which exceed 72%.
- Print remains the preferred medium for people to read books (69%), magazines (61%) and newspapers (54%).
- 78% believe they have the right to choose whether they receive communications from service providers in print or digitally.
- 45% believe they spend too much time on electronic devices!
The survey was commissioned by Two Sides and is the latest snapshot of public perception about the value of sustainable print and paper within the marketing mix. 6,000 people from across Europe, including the UK, were surveyed.
What you can take from the survey into your marketing communications:
- Avoid inaccurate greenwashing claims at all costs, statements like ‘choose e-billing to save trees’ will only damage your credibility.
- Ensure you reflect forestry certification labels in your artwork, like FSC (Forest Stewardship Council). They’ll assure your customers that you’ve used paper from sustainably managed forests.
- Give your customers choice in how they digest key information, many feel they’re suffering from digital overload!
Be assured that in working with Systematic, a sustainable print company, you’re in the safe hands of a business that has an unswerving commitment to the environment!
Check out Sustainable Purchasing, to see our commitment to you and the environment with our sustainable print options.
Ask about our sustainable print services
Recommended for you
Author: Jacqui Vear21st July 2021 The pressure is on to clearly and accurately communicate what your business is doing to protect our environment because, if you fall in line with the average, 61% of your customers expect your organisation to have clear sustainability practices¹. When it comes to your offline communications, we're here to arm you with facts about the sustainability of paper products, to avoid the loss of credibility that comes with claims of 'green-washing', a...
Author: Jacqui Vear17th June 2021 When it comes to doing what is right for the planet, we know that even small decisions can add up to a big difference. That's a sentiment shared by Zenergi, a leading customer service company specialising in energy. We've applied our expertise to a brief from the Zenergi team, developing a carbon neutral branded ballpen that derives from sugar cane, a bio-based renewable material that absorbs CO² as it grows. It is processed into PLA granulate,...
Author: Jacqui Vear6th May 2021Those are headline stats from a new survey, commissioned by Smurfit Kappa and The Financial Times. The climate emergency is defining our generation and corporate culture needs to recognise that the sustainability agenda is driven by consumers. Don’t wait for your competitors to respond, or for your customers to vote with their feet. The packaging of your products needs to be on your conscience and to-do list. The same survey reported that in the...